Friday 7 October 2011

Sunshine and Laughter - A medicine to the wintered heart

My goodness! What a gorgeous day :) Today was my first day on my little earner job - babysitting 2kids every friday. Needless to say, I'm exhausted! But my heart is so full right now with what today brought :) After dropping my girl to her kindy and spending the morning at the library with my wee lad and the little girl I'm watching, I loaded them up into the buggy, with the backpack stuffed underneath and trekked to the bottom of our town (about 1/2 hr walk) to collect the brother of the little girl I'm watching (haha, sounds like the story of the House that Jack built). After collecting lad #2, I re-loaded the buggy and then put lad #1 into the backpack. Then walked home. I failed to mention that on the walk down.....it was all down hill.....so on the way home....it was ALL up hill! Fair call to say I burnt my quota of calories! It was lovely to here the chit chat of the youngn's, lad #2 pretended to drive a bus all the way home, lass #2 fell asleep, while lad #1 waved and shouted at every truck that drove past. To have the sun shining down upon us, sweat dripping down my forehead, and the laughter of the kiddies, who could have been sad. Really. My heart truely feels like a spring blossom, opening up after the coldness of winter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment