Wednesday 19 October 2011

Miracles do happen. Sometimes you just miss them :)

I have the most beautiful daughter. And I have the most amazing son. And up until yesterday I didn't realize that they are miracles.

I've only discovered in the last year that I had PCOS. And I know a few people around me who have it but see that it affects everyone in their own way. Imagine my heart crushing when for weeks I was suffering from nausea,   tiredness, aches and pains in my abdomen, missed periods........surely I must be pregnant?? Unfortunately not. I had PCOS which the doctor kindly informed me meant for the time being I was infertile. I'm still learning about this thing. I know that for some reason, losing crap loads of weight can make you extremely fertile. Opposite extreme! And that is how my two precious gems happened. I lost about 20kg when I began working on the farm not long after we were married. Then, viola! I started eating baked beans constantly (i hated baked beans). I just couldn't get enough of them!!! And then it dawned on my husband......OMG! YOU"RE PREGNANT! And then when my daughter was 8mths old.....BANG! I snagged another one :) and then PCOS kicked in (presumably again, as I've probably battled this since teen years). The weight piled on and I was helpless to stop it despite my best efforts. So this is what brings me here.

The weight is starting to creep back, even with the good news that I'd lost some. I'm off to the doctor tomorrow to bawl my eyes to her and ask what can be  done! My mood swings are driving my hubby up the wall!! And i wonder why he doesn't want more kids! Hahaha!

Well, I'll keep you posted (literally :)

No comments:

Post a Comment